Give It The Beans is a leading espresso coffee supplier who is committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of all visitors and users of www.giveitthebeans.co.uk and www.gorgeouscoffee.co.uk (the Websites).
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you via the Websites, or that you provide to us via the Websites, will be treated by us. This policy is not intended to and does not create any contractual or other legal right in or on behalf of any party.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Mr Adrian Davies.
What Personal Information do we Collect?
We do not collect any personal information about you on our Websites unless you choose to provide it to us voluntarily. If you decide to place an order with us, there is certain personal information that we will require from you in order to process your order. We define “personal information” as information that is unique to you and might include your name, delivery address, credit/debit card number and expiration date, billing address, e-mail address and telephone number.
We may also collect the following data about you to help us improve our service to you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to any service which we provide, posting material or requesting further services.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access on our Website.
Where we Store your Personal Information
We use a trusted third party payment processing service to process your payment to us and we do not store your credit/debit card information.
With respect to your personal information that we do store, such as your name, address, email address and telephone number, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of personal information to prevent unauthorised access or unlawful processing of your personal information. We keep your information confidential and store it on a secure server which is password protected and hidden behind a firewall.
We use secure socket layer software (SSL) to encrypt all of your personal information including your name and address. This technology prevents you from inadvertently revealing personal information using an insecure connection.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer financial details with any 3rd parties.
Uses made of your Personal Information
Aside from fulfilling your order placed on our Website, we may use information held about you to:
- set up, manage your account and contact you about your account;
- ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and,
- notify you about changes to our service.
At any stage you have the right to ask us to stop using your personal data for direct marketing purposes. You can opt-out of our newsletters at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the emails.
Disclosure of your Information
We will only pass on your personal information to third parties if it is an essential part of our transaction with you (i.e. passing on your name and address to our carriers, or telephone number should there be a query with delivery, or using a third-party payment processor to process your payment for your purchase on our Website).
Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the personal information you provide to us without your consent.
An Internet Protocol (IP) address is a set of numbers, which is assigned to your computer during a browsing session. It is automatically logged by our servers and used to collect traffic data about visitors to our Website. We do not use your IP address to identify you personally.
Access to Information
You are entitled to see the information held about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please write to us at Give it the beans Ltd, 19 Highfield Close, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 0HW. We may charge you an administrative fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.